Pad Hacked Arcade Stick

Do you remember when I review the MayFlash arcade stick? I mentioned that it was not responsive with certain games. when I finished modding, the problem was not resolved. I later found out, it was defective from the start. I spent so much money and time on this arcade stick and I was mad. My only option was buy a new one and use its parts or do a pad hack. well, if you read the title, you can guess which one I picked.

I used an old PlayStation one controller because it is easy to work with.

Since I needed a new start and select buttons, I got two 18mm Sanwa buttons. I had to enlarge two of the original holes that was on the case.

I painted the outer rim white to match the case. looks nice.

Replaced the stocked wires for the joy stick. the ones it came with sucked.
Since I'm modding the PCB, I had to solder the wires on specific places so it can get a signal. Depending on the model of the controller you use, the PCB will differ. Slagcoin has a list of PCBs from different controller models showing were you would have to solder. Red are the buttons, green is D-pad, and black is the ground. I like the Kenyan color scheme.

Finished product.
If you have any questions or help, just ask.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Creative Commons License
blogger by Daniel Mercedes is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.


Danny Choo

Sankaku Complex

Powered by Blogger