- The analog stick
- 2GB of internal memory and it has a SD card slot
- Virtual Console that will have Gameboy, Gameboy Color, TurboGrafx, and Game Gear games.
- Netflix and 3D movies
- improved graphics
- 3D gaming
- Amazing preloaded software
- only one friend code per system for online gaming
- Short Battery life
- Region locked
- Some of the online features are not going to be active until May
- Some DS games do not work
- The ratio aspect of the top screen sucks while playing DS games
- The price point
- As of right now, the Virtual Console doesn't have Gameboy Advance games
It's a damn shame that the 3DS is region locked. I enjoy buying and playing imported games. Now to do that, I would have to buy a Japanese 3DS. I'm hoping that Nintendo releases a firmware update to fit that problem that plagues their consumers. I'm happy that Nintendo fixed that whole friend code problem. Having to look-up or memorize multiple friend codes is pretty annoying. I will say that the 3DS is a great handheld console with some problems that can be overlooked. If you're planning to get a 3DS, do not trade in your DS lite, DSi, or DSi XL. I will be buying one but, it's not a high priority for me. What are your thoughts on the 3DS?